Friday, February 4, 2011

Flower Fairy wings and other inexpensive wedding crafts!

I had an idea to make being a flower girl more FUN! I love wings and fairies so naturally I had to use them in our wedding! I would have worn some myself, but wasn't sure what people would think. It was very easy to make the wings too. I remembered seeing them at The Dollar Tree when I was getting other crafts for the wedding so I went back hoping they would still be there. They had all kinds of colors and exactly 3 of the fuchsia... I got lucky! I got out the hot glue gun again and glued some leftover flowers from my candle project right onto the wings and it was that simple! Here are my flower fairies in action!
Aren't they so too cute!? Nevaeh is my friend Monet's daughter and Nijah is my friend Ashley's daughter. They look like sisters with the matching hair and outfits. I love how this turned out.

They got in the wagon during the ceremony! This is another reason the wagon idea was so fun!
The picture below has the flower fairies by the altar we used. My mom had it in her garden with plants around it and we thought it would be perfect to use! They arranged some cherry blossoms and pink tulle and it turned out so beautiful. I'm not sure where my mom found it, but it may be possible to make something like it if you tried. Maybe my mom will comment below and share more about it.



I also made all my bridesmaids necklaces and gave them as part of their gifts for helping with our wedding. It is a creative, thoughtful, budget friendly way to show your appreciation!
I used a pink glass bead in the middle of the necklace and added various shades of pink and brown.
They were all unique. I made one for all 5 bridesmaids and the Maid of Honors had a few extra glass beads.

This was one of the decorations/treats for guests we had to match the wedding colors. Chocolate and strawberry flavored Whoppers candy. They were all gone before pictures were done!
We did a sand ceremony instead of the unity candles. We used coarse and fine pink bath salts from The Dollar Tree. I found some glass creamers at Target and a jar with a lid to pour them into. We saved them for romantic baths in the future.


Here we are pouring them together for the ceremony. You could use 2 different colors to match your wedding colors. I was thinking of doing pink and brown, but I couldn't find brown bath salts.

I think that is about all for the wedding crafts. All of them were done very inexpensively and turned out better than I had thought they would.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment