Friday, February 4, 2011

Some crafts I did for our wedding...

I decided to share an old craft project I did for our wedding. I wished we could have done larger ones, but these turned out pretty cute. We used them at each table as centerpieces. My friends and I made about 50 of them out of different sized mason jars. We saved the lids and my aunt reused them for canned goods afterwords. It is a great recyclable way to decorate.
I got light pink and dark brown thick ribbon and skinny brown/pink (my wedding colors) from the craft section at Walmart. I did some like this^ and some opposite. My girlfriends and I cut enough ribbon to fit around the glass jars and glued the skinny ones on the thicker ones. I would use a hot glue gun for this project. You can get one for about $3.00 if you don't already have one! My friend sewed a few of them with hot pink thread too. I also got a bunch of fake flowers and picked them off the stems to glue on the ribbon. Try to line the seams up and glue the flower on top of that.

I didn't like the tops of the jars and I tried covering them with ribbon, but it didn't look right, so I go an idea to cover them in tacky glue and dip them in sand sparkles. I ran into a problem though... I looked everywhere and couldn't find the right sand. So I bought some white sand and put a little red food coloring and mixed it until I got to a shade of pink I liked. I also used the sand to hold the candles inside. I wish I still had a picture of the smaller ones I did... I put flowers inside and didn't use ribbons. Anyway that's about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment